SciVee is a leading video platform solutions provider for the scientific, technical, and medical (STM) market. The company was founded in 2007 with licensed technology developed by Philip E. Bourne, PhD, at UC San Diego.
The company provides a video publishing, distribution, and hosting platform to enliven the online presence of STM content providers. SciVee’s services drive higher traffic, increase viewers, promote authors, and generate new services and monetization options for publishers, professional and technical societies, research groups, and academic institutions.
SciVee products and services are based on five elements:
- Browser-based synchronization technology (patent-pending), where a video and document are synchronized directly on the SciVee site
- Software as a Service, so the customer does not need to invest in new software or worry about IT administration
- A DIY (do it yourself) model, such that authors can create and upload videos quickly, easily, and economically with minimal help from editors, publishers, or SciVee
- Easy integration into current production workflows of publishers and other content providers
- A public website open for users to access and for researchers to upload videos of interest, and a distribution option for publishers and other content providers
Comprehensive rich media solutions for scientists, educators, publishers, and societies.
PO Box 1304, Solana Beach, CA 92075
Philip E. Bourne, PhD – Co-Founder
Leo M. Chalupa, PhD – Co-Founder
Marc Friedmann, MBA – Chief Executive Officer
Lynn Fink, PhD – Scientific Developer
Willy Suwanto – Web-Data Applications Programmer
Alex Ramos – Flash Developer and Web Designer